Followers

Saturday 21 January 2023

Retro Rubber stamp challenge Winter Scenes Theme

 

Winter Scenes card using a rubber stamp over a year old.

I have dug out a really old Creative Impressions rubber stamp set 'Create a Scene', which is at least 10 or more years old. Stamps hand drawn by Sheena Douglas.


I made a scene with a few of the stamps and coloured them using some metallic pencils. Then stamped and heat embossed the Deer and the two green fir branches. The greeting and backing paper was from a Daisy and Dandelion paper pack, I also have had for years.  The gold foil frame around the scene, is recycled from a toiletries gift box i had one Christmas years ago.


I didn't realise I hadn't even used it until now, I previously cut all the stamps out and backed them with U mount foam.

Retro rubber challenge blog - Winter scenes #198 ends 27th Jan



3 comments:

  1. What a great scene, Louise! Love your coloring, and extra details - splendid frame! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had to double take, this looks like an oil painting, gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job with metallic colored pencils. The entire scene is nice and wintery! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete